When I heard this story, I thought of the times I asked something from God, and never truly thanked him. I remember a time when I got into some trouble at school. At that instant, I prayed and prayed asking God to keep me out of trouble. When I didn't receive any repercussion for my wrong-doing, I was relieved. When I looked back at that event, I realized that I haven't thanked God for keeping me out of trouble. I realize that I have not done my part to fill the basket. So I thank God. For the air I breathe and the food I eat. For knowledge and for wisdom. For the clothes on my back and the ground that I walk upon. Most of all, I thank him for being there and forgiving me for all that I have done.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Two Baskets
When I heard this story, I thought of the times I asked something from God, and never truly thanked him. I remember a time when I got into some trouble at school. At that instant, I prayed and prayed asking God to keep me out of trouble. When I didn't receive any repercussion for my wrong-doing, I was relieved. When I looked back at that event, I realized that I haven't thanked God for keeping me out of trouble. I realize that I have not done my part to fill the basket. So I thank God. For the air I breathe and the food I eat. For knowledge and for wisdom. For the clothes on my back and the ground that I walk upon. Most of all, I thank him for being there and forgiving me for all that I have done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Beautiful story.
That's a really good story, one that I needed to hear because I haven't been thankful when I really should have been.Thanks for posting it=)
Amen!!!
I was busy with my parents' recent visitation .... Things are changed a lot .... here and there .... specially I am having hard time to visit blogs as often as I wants ... I haven't update this week iParents even ... Frankly I was worry about ... many things ... web ministry was one of things ...
However ...I was wrong ... I was suprised by all of your efforts to reach out the world this way ... Thanks all for keeping web minisry alive ... May the Lord continue to work among us to inspring one anther ...
"Remember; God does not begin by asking us about our ABILITY; but only about our AVAILABILITY, and if we then prove our DEPENDABILITY, He will increase our CAPABILITY! It's service, not status that counts."
You all made my day!:):):)
Post a Comment