Friday, March 7, 2008

liv'n tha vida LOCA!!!

anyways, not so livin the vida loca topic, but its a good self-check typa thing? this video is a clip about a professor who has his last lecture to his students because he is dying soon due to pancreatic cancer. Its a very interesting video, and to top it off, i know how to post videos on the site instead of giving the lame link, because i know some lazy people dont even bother clickin the link. but check out, n think bout how you're livin your life. would you change your ways after watching this video?



i've watched this video when it first aired on Oprah, and of course, for me i like those emo sad sappy death and dying type of movies/shows or what not. so as i was watching this lecture it came to my mind, that i wanted to be like tigger. haha too bad it was only for that week, i was "acting" like tigger...soon later to become an eeyore. but i guess we all have our differences and bad habits right? I try to remind myself to work in the ways Jesus has especially with my roommate. To know and understand yourself by growing everyday helps make this world a better place,so put your work in! Stand up and do something.

I look up behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too- you reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful- I can't take it all in!
-Psalm 139:5-6

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he already got assurance of ethernal salvation through Jesus Christ when he knows he will be living only for a few month...
if not, too sad for him no matter how he was living in good ways and achieved his dream of successful life.
There is only "One-Way-Jesus" to achieve now and forever & ever...even life after death...eternal living...

jae said...

I watched his farewell lecture in his university many months ago. He caught my attention right away within a few minute of his lecture… how fun and good his lecture was!!! … He didn’t look like the person who about to die and leave his beautiful wife and children. I was stunned by his humor toward the devastate situation. He seemed to take it so gracefully and hopefully .... I think I cried a few hours ... and think about him a few weeks .... I was very emotion back then ... and then, I forgot about him all these days...

He seems lost a lot of weights, but his voices, and his energy hasn't changing much yet ... I truly admire him such a way to put higher bar to all the teachers and learners in this world ... to live the life to help others dream come true ...

Thanks you, EM for this clip ...

Anonymous said...

cool blog!

Anonymous said...

Em, Nice posting. A good reminder to live your life to the fullest.

Also, keep up the good work on being the "anchor" of this xodusxteen blog.

When you run out of ideas, let the Holy Spirit guide you for more.

Counter