Sunday, March 23, 2008

He walked with God. Left behind are their footprints in the sand. The glimmering light from the sky shone upon the footprints of their lives. Joy and happiness shone from the two pairs of footprints. However during desperate and troubled times, during times of overwhelming sadness, during times of unbearable pain, there would only be one set of footprints.
"Dear God...during my moments of joy and happiness. During those times, you were there for me. However, when i needed you most, why were you not there for me?" God told the man, "I had always been by your side. When you were feeling helpless, in pain, anguish and tears, I walked whilst carrying you on my back." The man looked at God and said "I'm grateful for everything. Thank you."

1 comments:

jae said...

Thank you for sharing ... I still remember the very first time I read "footprint" poem from Youth Service bulletin of my home church . I said “WOW’ no one told me this way … I think I was 7th grade back then … and that was the beginning of period that my faith got deeper and deeper … It still moves me whenever I read it …. Indeed it was my first love … lol lol …

Thank you for sharing … really I do …

Counter